Forget the banning orders, how many of your clubs fans are getting arrested on match day, in the latest stats online, we show you who during half way through last season had the most arrests on match days and who was heading for the top of the charts.
MADE FOR STANDING SHIRTS NOW AVAILABLE WHILE STOCKS LAST!
21. Tottenham Hotspur – Number of fans arrested: 37
Spurs had already faced London rivals Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham in the Premier League so far this season, games which traditionally bring about a lot of problems for the Metropolitan Police.
20. Derby County – Number of fans arrested : 37
It was a season of mixed emotions so far in the Sky Bet Championship for the Derby County faithful, which may explain why some of them have been taken in the police station for questioning.
19. Middlesbrough – Number of fans arrested: 38
Boro’s return to the Premier League may have excited a few of their supporters a little bit too much, with 38 fans from Teeside finding themselves in handcuffs since the top flight campaign began.
18. Portsmouth – Number of fans arrested: 39
Albeit leaving League Two, it is no wonder that the notorious Portsmouth supporters take their frustration out in a way that is deemed illegal by the local authorities.
17. Everton – Number of fans arrested: 39
Everton’s promising season saw the Toffees just outside the top six midway through, yet it has not stopped 39 of their fans finding their way into the back of a police van during match days.
16. Liverpool – Number of fans arrested: 40
There must be something in the water in Merseyside with neighbours Liverpool also picking up a high number of arrests.
15. Fulham – Number of fans arrested: 40
West London is supposed to be a cultured part of the capital, with polite and law-abiding citizens, yet the Cottagers have racked up 40 arrests.
14. Sheffield United – Number of fans arrested: 42
The Blades took the league by storm, some fans are a bit too enthusiastic about the club’s fortunes though.
13. Leicester City – Number of fans arrested: 43
You can hardly blame Leicester City fans for being over-excited after the year they had. From Premier League glory to a dismal defence fo their title, coupled with Champions League success.
12. Nottingham Forest – Number of fans: 43
In nearby Nottingham, Forest supporters are equally guilty of being picked up by the local police. With their Championship campaign not exactly going to plan, it is easy to understand their place in this list.
11. West Ham United – Number of fans arrested: 46
Some may be surprised that the Hammers are this low down in the least, considering the reputation.
10. Sheffield Wednesday – Number of fans arrested: 48
The bitter disapppointment of reaching the Championship play off final last year, only to lose to Hull City, emotions run wild.
9. Aston Villa – Number of fans arrested: 49
It has been a difficult time for any Aston Villa supporter; relegation from the Premier League for the first time ever was followed by a dismal start to life in the Championship
8. Sunderland – Number of fans arrested: 51
Things are always a bit rowdy up in the North East and Sunderland have seen over 50 people arrested from their ranks so far this year.
7. Newcastle United – Number of fans arrested : 52
While the Black Cats launch back to Premier League status. Nonetheless, the Toon army have still be reprimanded by the police too many times to mention.
6. Manchester United – Number of fans arrested: 57
Used to topping the table in the last decade, Manchester United supporters will be racking their brains as to what’s wrong with their club.
5. Arsenal – Number of fans arrested: 60
Aren’t Arsenal supporters too busy participating in online polls and starting ‘Wenger Out’ campaigns to be taken away by the police?
4. Manchester City – Number of fans arrested: 66
There might now be an explanation for all the empty seats at the Etihad Stadium on matchdays.
3. Leeds United – Number of fans arrested: 68
Another club that boats diehard support to matter what state the team is in, the Leeds United fan base take their club’s fortunes a little too seriously, which can often lead to a number of them being locked up in a Yorskshire police cell.
GET YOUR MADE FOR STANDING SHIRT BEFORE THEY RUN OUT! AHEAD OF THE NEW SEASON!
2. Millwall – Number of fans arrested: 69
Undoubtedly, the fans with the worst reputation in England, Millwall supporters may even felt a little aggrieved not to be in the top spot here.
1. Birmingham City – Number of fans: 74
Delighted to be given the opportunity to clash with rivals Villa, following the latter’s relegation to the Championship.
Stats and words courtesy of hooliganstv.com